- Name: gifsicle
- Version: 1.92
- Release: 1.mga7
- Group: Graphics/Editors and Converters
- License: GPLv2+
- Url: http://www.lcdf.org/gifsicle/
- Summary: Powerful program for manipulating GIF images and animations
- Architecture: i586
- Size: 427736
- Distribution: Mageia
- Vendor: Mageia.Org
- Packager: daviddavid <daviddavid>
Gifsicle is a command-line tool for creating, editing, and getting
information about GIF images and animations.
Some more gifsicle features:
* Batch mode for changing GIFs in place.
* Prints detailed information about GIFs, including comments.
* Control over interlacing, comments, looping, transparency...
* Creates well-behaved GIFs: removes redundant colors, only
uses local color tables if it absolutely has to (local color
tables waste space and can cause viewing artifacts), etc.
* It can shrink colormaps and change images to use the Web-safe
palette (or any colormap you choose).
* Optimize your animations! This stores only the changed portion
of each frame, and can radically shrink your GIFs. You can
also use transparency to make them even smaller.
Gifsicle’s optimizer is pretty powerful, and usually reduces
animations to within a couple bytes of the best commercial
* Unoptimizing animations, which makes them easier to edit.
* A dumb name.
Two other programs are included with gifsicle:
* gifview is a lightweight animated-GIF viewer which can show
animations as slideshows or in real time
* gifdiff compares two GIFs for identical visual appearance.
- OptFlags: -O2 -g -pipe -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables
- Cookie: localhost 1555744029
- Buildhost: localhost