- Name: gargoyle-free
- Version: 2011.1
- Release: 12.mga7
- Epoch: 1
- Group: Games/Adventure
- License: GPLv2 and others
- Url: http://ccxvii.net/gargoyle/
- Summary: Graphical player for Interactive Fiction games
- Architecture: i586
- Size: 9842006
- Distribution: Mageia
- Vendor: Mageia.Org
- Packager: umeabot <umeabot>
Gargoyle is an Interactive Fiction (text adventure) player that supports all
the major interactive fiction formats.
Most interactive fiction is distributed as portable game files. These portable
game files come in many formats. In the past, you used to have to download a
separate player (interpreter) for each format of IF you wanted to play.
Instead, Gargoyle provides an unified player.
Gargoyle is based on the standard interpreters for the formats it supports:
Adrift, AdvSys, AGiliTy, Alan2, Alan3, Quest, JACL, Level 9, Magnetic, TADS2,
TADS3, Z-code and Glulxe.
Gargoyle also features graphics, sounds and Unicode support.
You can find hundreds of games at :
- the IF database : http://ifdb.tads.org
- the IF archive : http://ifarchive.org
* This free version of gargoyle does not include the non-free Hugo
interpreter (and uses different free fonts).
* The TADS interpreter doesn't support HTML TADS; you can play the games, but
will miss the hyperlinks.
- OptFlags: -O2 -g -pipe -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables
- Cookie: localhost 1537833755
- Buildhost: localhost