- Name: dash
- Version: 0.5.9
- Release: 1.mga6
- Group: Shells
- License: BSD and GPLv2+
- Url: http://gondor.apana.org.au/~herbert/dash/
- Summary: The Debian Almquist Shell (formerly NetBSD's ash)
- Architecture: i586
- Size: 140635
- Distribution: Mageia
- Vendor: Mageia.Org
- Packager: akien <akien>
"dash" is a POSIX compliant shell that is much smaller than "bash".
Dash supports many features that a real sh shell would support, however
it is much smaller in size. This becomes an advantage in situations
where there is a lack of memery (initial ram-disks, etc). dash does
lack a few features, like command line history.
dash is the continuation of the original NetBSD ash fork. dash is much
more up-to-date, and properly maintained.
You should install dash if you need a near featureful lightweight shell
that is similar to GNU's bash.
- OptFlags: -O2 -g -pipe -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables
- Cookie: ecosse.mageia.org 1473485230
- Buildhost: ecosse.mageia.org