- Name: dd_rescue
- Version: 1.46
- Release: 7.mga6
- Group: System/Kernel and hardware
- License: GPL
- Url: http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/ddrescue/
- Summary: Does copy data from one file or block device to another
- Architecture: i586
- Size: 130969
- Distribution: Mageia
- Vendor: Mageia.Org
- Packager: umeabot <umeabot>
Like dd, dd_rescue does copy data from one file or block device to another.
You can specify file positions (called seek and Skip in dd). There are several
o dd_rescue does not provide character conversions.
o The command syntax is different. Call dd_rescue -h.
o dd_rescue does not abort on errors on the input file, unless you specify a
maximum error number. Then dd_rescue will abort when this number is reached
o dd_rescue does not truncate the output file, unless asked to.
o You can tell dd_rescue to start from the end of a file and move bcakwards.
o It uses two block sizes, a large (soft) block size and a small (hard) block
size. In case of errors, the size falls back to the small one and is
promoted again after a while without errors.
- Cookie: sucuk.mageia.org 1455153708
- Buildhost: sucuk.mageia.org