- Name: critter
- Version: 1.6a
- Release: 7.mga6.nonfree
- Group: Games/Boards
- License: freeware
- Url: http://www.vlasak.biz/critter/
- Summary: A chess engine
- Architecture: x86_64
- Size: 1199763
- Distribution: Mageia
- Vendor: Mageia.Org
- Packager: neoclust <neoclust>
Critter is the top chess UCI engine from Slovakia.
Originally Critter was developed in Delphi, but Delphi has
not still 64bit compiler.
That is why the program from version 0.42 was rewritten to
C++ using a BitBoard technology.
Such concept gives possibility to reach top performance.
Gaviota table bases are used. Richard thinks GTB is
a better choice for developers than Nalimov, because it has
a more liberal license.
- ExclusiveArch: i386, i486, i586, i686, pentium3, pentium4, athlon, k6, x86_64
- Cookie: rabbit.mageia.org 1441816167
- Buildhost: rabbit.mageia.org