- Name: falkon-core
- Version: 22.12.0
- Release: 1.mga9
- Group: Networking/WWW
- License: GPLv3+ and BSD and LGPLv2+ and GPLv2+ and MPL
- Url: https://apps.kde.org/falkon/
- Summary: Falkon web browser core package
- Architecture: i586
- Size: 6636216
- Distribution: Mageia
- Vendor: Mageia.Org
- Packager: daviddavid <daviddavid>
Falkon is a new KDE web browser, previously known as QupZilla.
Following this release, there will only be one last final QupZilla
Falkon is a new and very fast QtWebEngine browser. It aims to be a lightweight
web browser available through all major platforms. This project has been
originally started only for educational purposes. But from its start, Falkon
has grown into a feature-rich browser.
Falkon has all standard functions you expect from a web browser. It includes
bookmarks, history (both also in sidebar) and tabs. Above that, you can manage
RSS feeds with an included RSS reader, block ads with a builtin AdBlock plugin,
block Flash content with Click2Flash and edit the local CA Certificates
database with an SSL Manager.
Falkon's main aim is to be a very fast and very stable QtWebEngine browser
available to everyone. There are already a lot of QtWebEngine browsers available,
but they are either bound to the KDE environment (rekonq), are not actively
developed or very unstable and miss important features. But there is missing
a multiplatform, modern and actively developed browser. Falkon is trying
to fill this gap by providing a very stable browsing experience.
If you were previously using QupZilla, you can manually migrate
your profiles to Falkon by moving the config directory (usually
There is no automatic migration.
- OptFlags: -O2 -g -pipe -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables
- Cookie: localhost 1671337469
- Buildhost: localhost