- Name: ioquake3
- Version: 1.36
- Release: 12.20170428.3.mga7
- Group: Games/Shooter
- License: GPLv2+
- Url: http://ioquake3.org/
- Summary: Quake 3 Arena engine (ioquake3 version)
- Architecture: i586
- Size: 1940566
- Distribution: Mageia
- Vendor: Mageia.Org
- Packager: pterjan <pterjan>
This package contains the enhanced opensource ioquake3 version of the Quake 3
Arena engine. This engine can be used to play a number of games based on this
engine, below is an (incomplete list):
* OpenArena, Free, Open Source Quake3 like game, recommended!
* Urban Terror, gratis, but not Open Source FPS best be described as a
Hollywood tactical shooter, a downloader and installer including an
application menu entry is available in the urbanterror package.
* World of Padman, gratis, but not Open Source Comic FPS, a downloader and
installer including an application menu entry is available in the
* Smokin' Guns, gratis, but not Open Source FPS, a semi-realistic simulation of
the "Old West's" great atmosphere, a downloader and installer including an
application menu entry is available in the smokinguns package.
* Quake3 Arena, the original! A downloader and installer for the gratis, but
not Open Source demo, including an application menu entry is available in
the quake3-demo package.
If you own a copy of quake 3, you will need to copy pak0.pk3 from the
original CD-ROM and your q3key to /usr/libexec/quake3/baseq3 or ~/.q3a/baseq3.
Also copy the pak?.pk3 files from the original 1.32 Quake 3 Arena point
release there if you have them available or run quake3-update to download
them for you.
- Cookie: localhost 1538521662
- Buildhost: localhost
Other version of this rpm: