- Name: crafty
- Version: 25.0.1
- Release: 4.mga7.nonfree
- Group: Games/Boards
- License: Freeware, but restricted - consult the source code before use
- Url: http://www.craftychess.com/
- Summary: A free chess program, plays a decent game of chess
- Architecture: x86_64
- Size: 2481507
- Distribution: Mageia
- Vendor: Mageia.Org
- Packager: umeabot <umeabot>
Crafty is a chess program written by Bob Hyatt <hyatt at cis.uab.edu>.
It is a direct descendent of Cray Blitz, the World Computer Champion
from 1983 to 1989.
It comes with a text interface like gnuchess does. If you want a graphical
interface, you can install GUI chessboards such as xboard or eboard.
Crafty is based on the classic BITMAP approach to representing the chess
board, but uses a unique methodology called "rotated bitmaps" to
significantly improve the performance of the chess engine.
- OptFlags: -O2 -g -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables
- Cookie: localhost 1537397542
- Buildhost: localhost