- Name: smplayer
- Version: 0.6.8
- Release: 1mdv2009.1
- Group: Video
- License: GPLv2+
- Url: http://smplayer.sourceforge.net
- Summary: Complete front-end for mplayer written in Qt4
- Architecture: i586
- Size: 1687851
- Distribution: Mandriva Linux
- Vendor: Mandriva
- Packager: Funda Wang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
SMPlayer intends to be a complete front-end for MPlayer,
from basic features like playing videos, DVDs, and VCDs
to more advanced features like support for MPlayer filters and more.
One of the most interesting features of SMPlayer: it remembers the
settings of all files you play. So you start to watch a movie but you
have to leave... don't worry, when you open that movie again it will
resume at the same point you left it, and with the same settings:
audio track, subtitles, volume...
Other additional interesting features:
* New GUI. Now there are toolbars, the control at the bottom is different
(and it changes if the window is made smaller), the icons can be changed
(several icon themes are available). In fullscreen mode the floating
control that appears when you move the mouse to the bottom of the screen
is new too and this time the video doesn't resize when it shows.
* Configurable key shortcuts. A shortcut editor has been added, it's
located at "Preferences->Mouse & keyboard". Please read
* Support for VCD. Now you can also play VCD discs.
* System tray icon. Now it's possible to leave SMPlayer running in the
system tray. This feature requires Qt 4.2.
* Added some new functions, like pan&scan, stay on top, set the size
of the window...
* Improved support for subtitles. For instance, now you can load a idx/sub
file and you'll be able to select among all languages that the file
provides. You can have a mkv file with embedded subtitles, load an
idx/sub file (or srt, sub...) and all subtitles will be available.
* New translations. SMPlayer 0.5.0 is translated (totally or partially) to
the following languages: Bulgarian, Czech, German, Spanish, French,
Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Georgian, Dutch, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese,
Russian, Slovak, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Simplified-Chinese
and Traditional Chinese. By the way, now it's possible to change the language
SMPlayer supports themes which can be found in smplayer-themes package.
- Cookie: n2.mandriva.com 1248655814
- Buildhost: n2.mandriva.com
Other version of this rpm: