- Name: gargoyle-free
- Version: 20090825
- Release: 3mdv2009.1
- Group: Games/Other
- License: GPLv2 and others
- Url: http://ccxvii.net/gargoyle/
- Summary: Graphical player for Interactive Fiction games
- Architecture: x86_64
- Size: 6637534
- Distribution: Mandriva Linux
- Vendor: Mandriva
- Packager: Samuel Verschelde <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Gargoyle is an Interactive Fiction (text adventure) player that supports all
the major interactive fiction formats.
Most interactive fiction is distributed as portable game files. These portable
game files come in many formats. In the past, you used to have to download a
separate player (interpreter) for each format of IF you wanted to play.
Instead, Gargoyle provides an unified player.
Gargoyle is based on the standard interpreters for the formats it supports:
Adrift, AdvSys, AGiliTy, Quest, JACL, Level 9, Magnetic, TADS2, TADS3, Z-code
Gargoyle also features graphics, sounds and Unicode support.
You can find hundreds of games at :
- the IF database : http://ifdb.tads.org
- the IF archive : http://ifarchive.org
* This free version of gargoyle does not include the non-free Alan and Hugo
interpreter (and uses a different, free monospace font).
* The TADS interpreter doesn't support HTML TADS; you can play the games, but
will miss the hyperlinks.
- Cookie: klodia.mandriva.com 1270514451
- Buildhost: klodia.mandriva.com
Other version of this rpm: