- Name: lib64silcclient1.1_3
- Version: 1.1.9
- Release: 1.2mdv2009.1
- Group: System/Libraries
- License: GPLv2
- Url: http://silcnet.org/
- Summary: SILC client library
- Architecture: x86_64
- Size: 229824
- Distribution: Mandriva Linux
- Vendor: Mandriva
- Packager: Götz Waschk <email@example.com>
SILC (Secure Internet Live Conferencing) is a protocol which provides
secure conferencing services on the Internet over insecure channel.
SILC is IRC-like software although internally they are very different.
The biggest similarity between SILC and IRC is that they both provide
conferencing services and that SILC has almost the same commands as IRC.
Other than that they are nothing alike. Major differences are that SILC
is secure what IRC is not in any way. The network model is also entirely
different compared to IRC.
The SILC Client library. Implementation of the SILC Client without
the user interface. The library provides an interface for user
- OptFlags: -O2 -g -pipe -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
- Cookie: celeste.mandriva.com 1253179228
- Buildhost: celeste.mandriva.com