- Name: apache-mpm-peruser
- Version: 2.2.15
- Release: 3mdv2010.1
- Group: System/Servers
- License: Apache License
- Url: http://www.telana.com/peruser.php
- Summary: Implements a hybrid multi-process, multi-threaded web server (experimental)
- Architecture: x86_64
- Size: 510889
- Distribution: Mandriva Linux
- Vendor: Mandriva
- Packager: Funda Wang <email@example.com>
This Multi-Processing Module (MPM) implements a hybrid multi-process,
multi-threaded web server. A fixed number of processes create threads to handle
requests. Fluctuations in load are handled by increasing or decreasing the
number of threads in each process.
Peruser is an Apache 2 module based on metuxmpm, a working implementation of
the perchild MPM. The fundamental concept behind all of them is to run each
apache child process as its own user and group, each handling its own set of
virtual hosts. Peruser and recent metuxmpm releases can also chroot() apache
processes. The result is a sane and secure web server environment for your
users, without kludges like PHP's safe_mode.
This package defaults to a maximum of 128 dynamically loadable modules.
This package defaults to a ServerLimit of 1024.
You can change these values at RPM build time by using for example:
--define 'maxmodules 512' --define 'serverlimit 2048'
The package was built to support a maximum of 128 dynamically loadable modules.
The package was built with a ServerLimit of 1024.
I M P O R T A N T
This package is totally experimental and may not be stable or suitable at any
time, in any way, or for any kind production usage. Be warned. You must
manually add HTTPD="/usr/sbin/httpd-peruser" in the /etc/sysconfig/httpd
configuration file to be able to use this MPM.
- OptFlags: -O2 -g -pipe -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
- Cookie: celeste.mandriva.com 1270524771
- Buildhost: celeste.mandriva.com