- Name: dash
- Version: 0.5.5.1
- Release: 3mdv2010.1
- Group: Shells
- License: BSD
- Url: http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/dash
- Summary: The Debian Almquist Shell (formerly NetBSD's ash)
- Architecture: x86_64
- Size: 139455
- Distribution: Mandriva Linux
- Vendor: Mandriva
- Packager: Oden Eriksson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
"dash" is a POSIX compliant shell that is much smaller than "bash".
Dash supports many features that a real sh shell would support, however
it is much smaller in size. This becomes an advantage in situations
where there is a lack of memery (initial ram-disks, etc). dash does
lack a few features, like command line history.
dash is the continuation of the original NetBSD ash fork. dash is much
more up-to-date, and properly maintained.
You should install dash if you need a near featureful lightweight shell
that is similar to GNU's bash.
- OptFlags: -O2 -g -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
- Cookie: klodia.mandriva.com 1268677386
- Buildhost: klodia.mandriva.com